NEW PEOPLE! Introduce yourselves!

This is a general discussion forum for anything related to MEK, anime, and manga. Open to all participants.

Moderator: Officers

ChibiBritt
MEK National PR
MEK National PR

Re: NEW PEOPLE! Introduce yourselves!

Postby ChibiBritt » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:22 pm

CloudLightning wrote:
I'm want to improve my drawing, animation skills and my voice acting. So if I could get any help or word about anything needing voice actors. That would really help me out. After all I've got a resume already and voice actors as contacts.

So that's pretty much it and I hope to fit right in with Mu Epsilon Kappa.

If you're really serious about voice over, you're more then welcome to poke me at meetings or online. I might not make all the meetings, but you can usually find me sitting next to Madame President with my laptop. You can poke me online as well.

Also...welcome to MEK.
I make weird sounds come out of my mouth for a living.

Miwako is cute love.

Public Relations for Mu Epsilon Kappa Society

mindtailor
MEK National Secretary
MEK National Secretary

Postby mindtailor » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi y'all! It's awesome to see so many new people around!
IN SOVIET RUSSIA, PIKACHU CHOOSE YOU!

Jackaxe

Postby Jackaxe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Well then, let’s continue the onslaught of newbies.

I’m Jason, the cynic. At meetings, I’m the one who sounds British for no discernible reason, since I’ve only ever lived in Texas. I haven’t the slightest idea why, but at least it makes me sound intelligent. I’m also the (another) resident Chemist/Pyrotechnic.

As for hobbies, I play video games. A lot. To an unhealthy degree, but then again, so do many of you. I’ve had nearly every console at some point in time, the consequence of nerdy parents, and boy does it show. My favorites tend to span across generations and genres, including things like Deus Ex, The Secret of Monkey Island, Long Live the Queen, and (the first) God of War. My screen name here is the same as nearly everywhere, and I managed to snag a unique one, so if you see it, it’s probably me.

As for anime, I’m really quite new at it. Prior to last semester I had only really watched maybe two, although that has since skyrocketed. I’m also a huge fan of the JoJo manga, really glad to be seeing the anime.

Finally, since this seems relevant, since last year I’ve been working in A-Kon Public, Press, and Industry Relations. Before having ever watched more than two animes. Either way, if you’ve been thinking about going to A-Kon but don’t have the money, or feel like helping improve or simply support one of the biggest conventions of its kind, you should consider volunteering. Staff Heads tend to be incredibly reasonable in letting you out for any specific events or panels you want to participate in, and we can always use the help. Feel free to talk to me about how to register or who needs the help most or anything; I’ll do what I can to get you going.

Thank you for having me, see the lot of you Thursday.
Local A-Kon PR Representative. Massive cynic. Filthy casual.

knickknack12
Posting Mecha

Postby knickknack12 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:21 pm

I'm Stephen. My favorite anime is Sket Dance. In addition to anime, I'm big on Magic: The Gathering and video games (Mega Man and Castlevania especially).
Currently Watching: Lucky Star

IronTexan

Postby IronTexan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:52 pm

I'm Aaron just putting up the intro

mindtailor
MEK National Secretary
MEK National Secretary

Postby mindtailor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi Jason, Stephen, Aaron! Awesome to have y'all introduce yourselves!

Jason: I wonder how many of us actually work/volunteer at A-kon, it would be interesting to see. You're working with Joe? Also, you should make sure to go to Formal Gaming Night and bring some games to share if you want!

Stephen: I think you'll enjoy Formal Gaming Night, especially with some stuff we have planned.

Aaron: Good on ya for following the instructions.

Aderudono

Postby Aderudono » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Adele, (yes, like the singer; no, I won't sing any of her songs for you...)
I'm originally from a small town in Arkansas, but I'm happy to be here in Texas where everyone is nice.
I'm a Creative Writing Major. I love to write stories, I'll probably be the one in the back of the club room writing out storylines for novels that will never see the light of day. (I'm also always looking for guinea pigs to read over my writing, so beware. If you ask to read it you'll probably get to). I love to go camping and hiking, horseback riding and skating. And of course I love anime.
My first ever anime was Sailor Moon and it's still one of my favorites. My favorite anime right now is Sword Art Online and Golden Time. My favorite character has to be Victorique from Gosick. She's so cute and little, but smart and tough. Plus she has the most beautiful clothes.
I'm really glad that I finally got to join MEK and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

SAOFTW
Needs To Post More

Postby SAOFTW » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:22 pm

Yeah, im a bit slow in doing this! But hi everyone! My name is Josh and i am an electrical engineering major! I've literally been watching anime since my childhood. It all started with DBZ! Then died for a bit until Naruto came on. Now i will admit that i did finish all of Naruto but didn't dare step into Shippuden. That was around middle school for me and it only got worse from there. I can't count how many nights i've skipped homework just to watch anime. Needless to say my GPA wasnt the best in highschool, but hey! I had a blast =P

But yeah, i still continue to watch anime now. I am currently into most of the newer ongoing anime at the moment like Strike the Blood, Kill la Kill, and Magi.

Most of you will probably recognize me if i walk around. I have an Attack on Titan hoodie as well as pins from each of the branches of military from AOT. I also really like sword art online. Like... a lot! I own replica metal swords that are hanging on my wall as well as little keychains on my backpack to show off which swords i actually own, because for some strange reason it is very frowned upon to carry swords with you everywhere!

But yeah! I'm weird, but being normal isn't fun! so im looking forward to meeting with others like me this semester! :)

mindtailor
MEK National Secretary
MEK National Secretary

Postby mindtailor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi Adele! If you have any short pieces of writing you want to submit we'll put them in the newsletter!

Hi Josh! Glad to know you've decided to come be weird with the rest of us!

Welcome to both of you!

cbak12

Postby cbak12 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Hello! My name is Caleb. I used to be a music education major but this semester switched to RTVF. I love watching anime and playing video games. Personal favorite video game series would have to be the Final Fantasy series, because I can remember playing FF7 on the ps1 with my brother. I also enjoy making videos and posting them onto YouTube.

mindtailor
MEK National Secretary
MEK National Secretary

Postby mindtailor » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi Caleb, and welcome!

Trainsquatting

Postby Trainsquatting » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Collin, and this is my first year attending UNT as an incoming Freshman. I'm originally born and raised in Plano, Texas and went to school at Plano West. I plan to double major in film and business with a minor in music at UNT. I'm also an Eagle Scout.

To start off, my two favorite things in the world are movies and music. I love watching any type of movie (whether it be horror, action, art house, or drama) and listening to any type of music (whether it be rock, jazz, heavy bass, or heavy metal). My favorite movie of all time is 12 Angry Men and my favorite band so far right now is M83 (which I've been a huge fan for about 6 years and seen them once in concert, which, I must say, are absolutely incredible live). I also like watching TV, and my favorite show of all time so far is Breaking Bad (yeah Mr. White!).

I love gaming too. I've grown up with video games my whole childhood. My mom used to work for Electronic Arts (before they became what they are now) and had a large collection of GameCube and Xbox 360 games. I remember the first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the Gameboy Color on an airplane when I was like 4 or 5 and, from time to time, I relive my first memories playing that game. My favorite game series is Star Fox. Ever since I picked up an N64 controller and popped in Star Fox 64 in the N64 console at a daycare when no one else was playing, I instantly fell in love and became engaged in the game's hyperactive gameplay and epic boss fights. From what I hear, another Star Fox game is in the works (which I'm dying to know what it's gonna be like!).

I'm also interested in dance. My favorite dance style and preferred style is Melbourne Shuffle. If you aren't familiar with that dance style, look up some videos on YouTube. It's really neat to watch, but even better to do yourself. (And no, it's not LMFAO party rock shuffle, so pls).

I also play piano. I've taken piano lessons since I was in the 5th grade and still continue to play and learn about this amazing instrument.

Last, but not least, I also watch a fair amount of anime. My favorite anime would probably have to be Paranoia Agent along with Planetes, Birdy the Mighty: Decode, and Serial Experiments Lain.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all (or as many as I can) at your first meet!

Peace

J
President
President

Postby J » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi I'm J

I am the Vice President

Hello

I talk a lot

Please give me newsletter articles

:(
ImageImageImage

okuyasu

Postby okuyasu » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:30 am

Hello, my name is Dominic. I am a freshman. My major so far is studio art with a concentration in drawing and painting with a minor in Japanese. Art and language are my passions. I studied french for four years (they didnt offer anything beyond that) and german for one year (dont quiz me on it, only took it because no more french). My favorite manga/anime of all time is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, closely followed by Berserk. I am also a fan of Space Dandy and a certain bicycle anime is my guilty pleasure. I like to cosplay and have cosplayed Ness from Earthbound, Hifumi Yamada from Dangan Ronpa, and Space Dandy. If you haven't noticed by my username or icon or signature, Okuyasu Nijimura is my favorite character of all. If you ever wanna talk jojos, I'm your man.

Esumi
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Esumi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:40 am

Hi, I'm Augustin and I'm a freshman that loves dark, philosophical anime.

Return to “General Discussion”