Interviews for a class project

This is a general discussion forum for anything related to MEK, anime, and manga. Open to all participants.

Moderator: Officers

Bri-Chan
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Interviews for a class project

Postby Bri-Chan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:44 am

Does anyone buy online from Barnes and Noble?
If you do, I am looking for a few people to interview for my class project and if you would be willing to spare some time I would be really grateful. I would give you a snack of your choice (pocky, oreos, combos, etc.); some sort of incentive.

Thank you!
Last edited by Bri-Chan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Re: A class project

Postby ZepysGirl » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:17 pm

I shop online. Most of my entertainment purchases are bought online. However, most of the places where I shop don't have physical locations (Amazon, Right Stuf, Big Fish Games) or at the very least don't have convenient physical locations (Midtown Comics, Akadot Retail). I shop at these websites because they offer discounts and inventory that physical stores can't match. The type of things I want to buy (mostly manga, but also books/anime/video games...) just aren't in stock most places.

If we're talking about everyday items, then I'd be much more likely to drive to a store than order online. For example, I really don't like buying clothes online. Or, when I needed a new alarm clock, I went to Walmart first.

The only exception I can think of is Hastings's website, GoHastings.com. I almost always shop at their website, even though they have a physical store pretty close by. They have cheaper books on their website than in-store, so its more economical to shop electronically.

Bri-Chan
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Re: Interviews for a class project

Postby Bri-Chan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Updated first post- I'm looking for someone who shops online at Barnes and Noble.
Last edited by Bri-Chan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reaper
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby Reaper » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:33 pm

How are the interviews done? In person, is via email or messenger an option? Do you record them?

Bri-Chan
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby Bri-Chan » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 am

I have to transcribe the interviews so it is better if it is in person or through messenger, but if I set up the questions for an e-mail interview (like a survey/questionnaire), it should be just fine.

King Card
Magical Poster

Postby King Card » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:25 pm

I hope this went well.

Return to “General Discussion”