2012 Pokemon Mono-Type Tournament

This is a general discussion forum for anything related to MEK, anime, and manga. Open to all participants.

Moderator: Officers

TheHuyurugu
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

2012 Pokemon Mono-Type Tournament

Postby TheHuyurugu » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:47 am

Hey Kappas! Are you ready to get down with your Pokemon? This is the first annual Mono-Type Tournament!

When trainers sign up, they will get assigned a number, and given a random Type. The trainer then has one month to raise a team of that type.

The battles will be one-on-one Pokemon battles, with teams of three Pokemon. The trainer must have three Pokemon to compete.
The Pokemon will all be equaled out to level 50.
The Championship bout will be a 2-on-2 battle, with one Pokemon from the previously made team, and another Pokemon of the Trainers choosing.
The use of "Ubers" is forbidden (for a list of Ubers check http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/uber)

The tournament tree will be decided shortly before the tournament, so trainers are not meant to know who they will be facing.

The Tournament will be held on November 8, from 5 PM to 6 PM in the MEK room. Should the tournament take longer, the rest of the battles will be held during circle time every week until the tournament is complete.

Sign ups are open until the week before the tournament, so long as you know that the Pokemon still have to be raised before the first round. See John for details.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here, or email me at moorhousejc@gmail.com.

Good luck, Trainers!

RESOURCES:

Smogon
smogon.com
A helpful compiling of Pokemon stats, moves, etc.

Bulbapedia
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net
A simpler way to look up quick information. Also has walkthroughs and pokemon locations!

If you know of any other resources you think should be posted here, please post them!

J
President
President

Re: 2012 Pokemon Mono-Type Tournament

Postby J » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Just to be absolutely certain, by mono-type you mean I can't use a Pokemon that has two types? Or is my team is going to have one type shared by all of them?
ImageImageImage

cheerfulfox

Postby cheerfulfox » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:48 pm

Ok, so all "Uber" Pokemon have been banned, but what about all of the other Legendary Pokemon that are not on the list?

Also, with the teams of three rule, does that mean we can raise as many Pokemon as we want, but we will only be able to use three of them for the tournament?

midori-kage
Posting Mecha

Postby midori-kage » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm

are moves like destiny bond or dragon rage allowed?
and is it illegal to have a team of all the same species of pokemon?

Zance
Needs To Post More

Postby Zance » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:32 am

Since when is Blaziken considered uber?
"Why don't DoTs go away when I kill the warlock?"
"I killed the hooker that gave me aids, does that mean I'm cured?"

Cyberbeta
Ran Out of Internet

Postby Cyberbeta » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Blaziken got bumped to the Uber Tier due to it's Dreamworld Ability. Instead of Blaze it has Speed Boost, a ability that only belonged to Ninjask Before. It makes Blaziken Faster after each turn, until it is faster than anyEV Speed Maxed Choice Scarfed Pokemon out there. Only Priority moves like Quick attack, Me First or Shadow Sneak beat it, and thats if Blaziken does not use those moves itself.

Add in it's High Attack and Special attack and it's no wonder Blaziken ended up in the uber tier within the past year.
I am the Wanderer, are you friend or foe?

Lookie, I found some Dragon Eggs: Image Image

Life goes on...
If you make strugle with your seriousness
You will not feel an uneasiness

Anything Goes!!!

Brawl Friend Code: 2320-5814-8624
X-Box Live: DecadeBeta

Zance
Needs To Post More

Postby Zance » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Cyberbeta wrote:Blaziken got bumped to the Uber Tier due to it's Dreamworld Ability. Instead of Blaze it has Speed Boost, a ability that only belonged to Ninjask Before. It makes Blaziken Faster after each turn, until it is faster than anyEV Speed Maxed Choice Scarfed Pokemon out there. Only Priority moves like Quick attack, Me First or Shadow Sneak beat it, and thats if Blaziken does not use those moves itself.

Add in it's High Attack and Special attack and it's no wonder Blaziken ended up in the uber tier within the past year.

Well damn, I've always used him cause I liked him, I realized he was rather sub par but meh. Dreamworld...
"Why don't DoTs go away when I kill the warlock?"
"I killed the hooker that gave me aids, does that mean I'm cured?"

Cyberbeta
Ran Out of Internet

Postby Cyberbeta » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:30 am

Zance wrote:
Well damn, I've always used him cause I liked him, I realized he was rather sub par but meh. Dreamworld...

Yeah, Dreamworld. Only way to get a DW Ability Blaziken is to get someone from Japan to trade ya a female one so you can breed the ability (like breeding Natures with an everstone). DW Abilities are going to be the tipper, but some of the good ones are hard to get without trading luck, or luck on a DW run.
I am the Wanderer, are you friend or foe?

Lookie, I found some Dragon Eggs: Image Image

Life goes on...
If you make strugle with your seriousness
You will not feel an uneasiness

Anything Goes!!!

Brawl Friend Code: 2320-5814-8624
X-Box Live: DecadeBeta

TheHuyurugu
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby TheHuyurugu » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 am

Man, I have to check this more often. No, dual typed Pokemon are fine so long as one of those types is the one you were assigned. No banned moves, but that might change still. If you have direct, rule related questions, emailing me is going to be netter to get hold of me. And finally, legendaries are fine, just as long as they aren't on the provided list. And only three Pokemon will be allowed to enter. No switching them out between battles.

Return to “General Discussion”