Help deciding

This is a general discussion forum for anything related to MEK, anime, and manga. Open to all participants.

Moderator: Officers

Earendreg
Needs To Post More

Help deciding

Postby Earendreg » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Just moved down here and am on a tight budget but i want to go to at least 1 anime convention whats the best one to go to not price wise but for the experience

ChibiBritt
MEK National PR
MEK National PR

Re: Help deciding

Postby ChibiBritt » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:42 am

It completely depends on what you want to experience. Are you more of panels/events type person? Are you there for the bands? The raves/parties? Voice actors? Gaming?

Give us that info and we can give you some feedback on all the cons in the area.
I make weird sounds come out of my mouth for a living.

Miwako is cute love.

Public Relations for Mu Epsilon Kappa Society

Earendreg
Needs To Post More

Postby Earendreg » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 pm

I have never been to one so i kinda want it all or as much as possible
due to my budget it cant be too far outside Dallas otherwise id go to Akihabara :lol:

ChibiBritt
MEK National PR
MEK National PR

Postby ChibiBritt » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Then in that case if you could go anywhere in Texas, San Japan is probably the best for size, content, guests and general awesomeness of attendees.

If you need to stay in Dallas, then the big go-to con is A-Kon. It's huge and very very busy, but is has a lot to give. If you're not good with massive amount of people/crowds than A-Kon might be a bit scary. Though they are in a new HUGE hotel this year, so it might not be nearly as bad as previous years.

They used to bring in great bands. Now it's just mostly lesser known Visual Kei bands. Every damn year. So unless Visual Kei is your thing, you can probably skip the concert.

They have a massive gaming area planned for this year. TON AND TONS of events and panels for various fandoms. Guests are...ok this year.

Huge dealers room and all that good stuff as well.

Not to mention MEK has their big national gathering at A-Kon every year. You can meet people from all over the country that are also part of MEK.

Next year A-Kon will probably going all out from what we have been told on staff. It's their big 25 year anniversary so it's something to look forward to.
I make weird sounds come out of my mouth for a living.

Miwako is cute love.

Public Relations for Mu Epsilon Kappa Society

Earendreg
Needs To Post More

Postby Earendreg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 am

kk thanks

Return to “General Discussion”