Who's Your Favorite Villain?

Forum for Newsletter discussion and submissions!

Moderator: Officers

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Who's Your Favorite Villain?

Postby ZepysGirl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:59 pm

That's right, folks, this month's all about the bad guys and gals! Nominate your favorite villain.

If you're new to this, here's what's going on: Each edition of the newsletter has a section for our Character of the Month, and I usually like to go with a common theme. In the past we've done Heroes and Heroines and Mascots; now it's the Villains' turn! I'll take suggestions for a week or so and then put up a poll. Don't forget to come back and vote!

Rules:
1. Characters must be from anime, manga, or other Japan-related media.
2. Characters must be mostly Japanese. This means they need to have been created by someone in Japan. "Japanese Batman!" won't count.
3. Characters must be appropriate. I will decide what's appropriate.
4. Members may only nominate 1 character max.

So, MEKers, who's your favorite villain?
Last edited by ZepysGirl on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reaper
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Re: Who's Your Favorite Villain?

Postby Reaper » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I forget, are video games fair game as long as they are japanese?

freeone3000
Posting Mecha

Postby freeone3000 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 pm

The most villainous villain has to be Hamdo, from Now and Then Here and There. [[As usual, possible spoilers may result if you have not watched past episode 1. Just to be fair.]]

Creepy? Check. Fundamentally insane? Check. Abuses women and children? Heck, that's his entire soldiering force! But what about kidnapping? That's how they became soldiers. Goes to pointless excess to prove a point that is later moot? Check. His self-proclaimed goal? To rule the world. Random mood shifts keep him fun and fresh, while insatiable desires keep the action focused on him. Best villain EVER? Hard to find a better one.

Eialyne
Magical Poster

Postby Eialyne » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:32 pm

I haven't been compelled to put up nominations for any of these but.........hell, I LOVE villains! (One of the reasons I'm looking into criminal psychology)

Anyways, I nominate Gin from Detective Conan (probably the guy who got me started on my whole evil people kick in the first place)

He may not have ambitions to conquer the world, but he's still a downright nasty guy and cold-hearted killer who doesn't even bother to remember the faces of his targets. And quoted from a recent ANN review, "you gotta admire a guy whose idea of conflict resolution is torching a skyscraper full of kids"

ImageImageImage

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Postby ZepysGirl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:48 pm

Reaper: Yes, Japanese video games are good, as well as live action series/movies.

Reaper
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby Reaper » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Excellent.

Then I'll nominate:
Ghaleon from Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar: Eternal Blue.

ImageImage

Ghaleon, on top of being the original Silver Haired Bad Guy, usurped the powers of a Goddess and her four guardian Dragons (who themselves were only slightly less powerful than their Goddess) and wielded them as his as own in defiance of the Goddess who decided that Humanity was ready to govern itself. He lied to a broken and disenfranchised group of refugees to get them to help him by builing a giant Tank-Castle and generally just did whatever the hell he felt was necessary to protect humanity from itself, and if he had to become the God Emperor of the world then that was just icing on the cake. One thousand years after his defeat he had the chance for redemption, but due to the circumstances of the situation he again had to act the role of the villian in order to help the heroes of the day.

Also he likes gardening and faries.

Ghaleon fighting a dragon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcn6WP_9W-c

shewolfyouko
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby shewolfyouko » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:50 pm

Okay, I'll bite. One of my personal faves (I tend to love villains the most in animes so this was kind of hard, but he stands out to me the most):

Knives from Trigun
Get your crazy-face on! :D

Can't get much crazier and maniacal than Knives. Legato is my favorite character from Trigun, but I went with the main bad guy. :P

And I mean...come on. MILLIONS KNIVES. That's his full name. He's just crazy!

The Primera
Needs To Post More

Postby The Primera » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Haruko Haruhara.

I think she's a villain, and an extremely good one at that. Not only does she lie to everyone until the last episode, but she manages to torture the heck out of Naota throughout the short series but she still somehow makes him fall for her. Maybe it's just me, but all that combined with the fact that she's entertaining as all get out and extremely crazy makes for one super villainous villain.

ZBTB7
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby ZBTB7 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Image Image Taste the rainbow!

howdyhamster
Posting Otaku

Postby howdyhamster » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:04 pm

Washizu Iwao from Akagi.

Oni
Magical Poster

Postby Oni » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Berg Katse from Gatchaman.

Evil costume? Check.
Multitudes of identical anonymous henchmen? Check.
Luscious full lips? DOUBLE CHECK.

Return to “Newsletter”