Commissions?

Discussion for Art Circle members and events.

Moderator: Officers

MissKatto
Needs To Post More

Commissions?

Postby MissKatto » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:30 pm

So, I am not sure if this will be a popular idea, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

I know many people at MEK have characters or stories they are unable to illustrate. Or they are huge fans of an obscure series. Or maybe they would just like an anime style portrait of themselves, but do not know who to ask.

I think it'd be cool to set up a place where people can post examples of their work, and other MEK members can commission them for some custom art.

It can be hard for people who do not frequent pages like DevantArt to know how to approach some one for a commission. Many people do not even know how they work (No shame in that, we can explain :D).

So I was wondering. Are there artists in MEK who would like an opportunity to buy and/or sell art? I think it'd be a great opportunity for every one, and I'd be willing to try and find some ways to advertise for artists, if this idea seems at all like a good one.

I might be over thinking what people want in art circle. I just have a lot of random ideas. @ v @;;/

kurumilover
Industry Liaison
Industry Liaison

Re: Commissions?

Postby kurumilover » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Haha, I don't think that you're over-thinking at all! This is a great idea for people who, like you said, want commishes of their fave anime/OC's, or for artists' to make some money c:

Great idea!

KuriBear
Magical Poster

Postby KuriBear » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:28 pm

I agree with Kurukilover.
It would help with artists who do need money and for fans who do want commissions for things they like.
I know I'm having difficulty trying to start doing commissions on DA D|
"When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane."
Hermann Hesse

MissKatto
Needs To Post More

Postby MissKatto » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:13 am

Perhaps I will speak with the Officers and see if we can make an announcement?

I bet some people would be interested in commissioning people within MEK. :)

If you wanna do commissions, think of your prices, and maybe see if you can print out an example sheet. Or have examples and prices ready. If we are able to make an announcement, I can direct any one who would like a commission to you, and any one else who would like to try taking commissions.

If any one needs help, or has questions on how to handle them, I can help! I was doing many commissions last year as my source of income. I've handled many situations and people. @ v @;;/

Return to “Art Circle”