Hello Everyone! Introduction Time!

Discussion for Japanese Language Study Circle members and events.

Moderator: Officers

Scribe13
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Hello Everyone! Introduction Time!

Postby Scribe13 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Okay, I figure people can go ahead and put some basic info down, as well as let us know whether they are taking Japanese or not.

My name is DJ Lynch, and I am the Communications Officer for MEK. I am an International Studies and History major with a minor in Japanese. I am a Senior and have been studying Japanese since I got to UNT, and I am currently enrolled in Japanese 3060. My favorite part of Japanese is studying kanji and reading short stories. I am wanting to work on my speaking skills, which I consider to be my weakest point in Japanese.

If you are interested in Japanese, are a first-year student of Japanese, or have been studying for a long time and just want some extra practice, then this is the circle for you. Once I get a feel for how many people are actually interested in the circle, then I hope to get some sort of informal study time going and provide places for people to ask for help with their homework, essays, speaking quizzes, that sort of thing. I hope to hear from you all and see you during circle time at MEK!

kurumilover
Industry Liaison
Industry Liaison

Re: Hello Everyone! Introduction Time!

Postby kurumilover » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:15 am

Yo, I'm Jonathan Castleman, but you can call me "Jon". Oh yeah.
Anywho, I've been interested in learning Japanese since I was about 11 or so and have spent the last decade +1 teaching myself slowly, but to avail because when I took the placement exam, I actually passed Japanese 1010 :D However, since I've never had a Japanese class before, and my weakness is creating sentences that are grammatically correct, I decided it was in my best interest to take 1010 anyway and start from the beginning to have a better understanding. I can read Japanese very well (minus kanji which I only know about 20 characters of by heart and need furikana to get me through the rest) and enjoy translating manga (which I import alot of).

I would also like to work on speaking and pronunciations as well as other stuff. I would really like to be fluent in Japanese and ASL one day, so that I could be a translator or interpreter for both and help connect people who otherwise would be separated.

I hope more people will join the circle and we can all learn from and help one another!
Remember: anime chicks love guys who know Japanese. Which really is no incentive for straight women or homosexual men...but still!

Edward
Needs To Post More

Re: Hello Everyone! Introduction Time!

Postby Edward » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:47 pm

My name is Eddy. I love languages and plan on studying all the languages I can while I am at UNT. Although I am currently taking French, I did take Jap 1010/20 last semester, and I plan on retaking 1020 next semester (I kind of stopped going, hehe). I'm currently reading Human Japanese and would love to have some practice speaking.
~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~

Return to “Japanese Language Study Circle”