The Yaoi Circle - OMG! IT'S OFFICIAL!!

Discussion for Yaoi Circle members and events.

Moderator: Officers

navaa
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

The Yaoi Circle - OMG! IT'S OFFICIAL!!

Postby navaa » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:46 am

Hahaha!! This is just amazing! Okay, anyway. WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE YAOI CIRCLE THREAD! My name is Nahal and I am the VP for MEK this year. I was the one jumping around holding up the sign for the Yaoi Circle during the first meeting xD I had sooooo much fun meeting you all, especially my awesome yaoi fangirls and fanboys!

I was very excited when I learned that we were going to be doing this Circles idea. I personally suggested the Yaoi Circle to be created because I understand that this subject might be a little touchy or personal for some people, but I wanted to reach out to fellow yaoi admirers so that he or she can know that there are friends among them no matter where they are. I personally enjoy yaoi for the story, characters, and especially the art (My thing is collecting artbooks xD). Yes, the sexy bishies/semes/ukes are a TOTAL plus, however yaoi means much more to me than just the sex. Yaoi is very beautiful in my eyes and I hope someday to meet some of my favorite yaoi mangakas in Japan. I've got some cool ideas and discussions that I would like to talk to you about during our next meeting. Hope to see you all there and become life long friends ^^

To name a few I will list my absolute favorite, favorite yaoi anime/manga. If you guys happen to like what I like or happen to like others and have suggestions for me to check out feel free to let me know here or during our Circle Time in MEK :D

FAKE - my first yaoi obsession and actual manga series to collect ^^
Haru wo Daiteita - such a beautiful story and amazing characters!
Junjou Romantica - I have watched both seasons, but still need to buy the manga. I have skimmed through some chapters though. It's amazing!
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi - from the creator of Junjou Romantica. Awesome read and series!
Ai no Kusabi - OMG!! THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY!!!
Love Pistols (now called Sex Pistols) - This is the most creative yaoi I have ever read. Very fun read!
Kizuna - beautiful, beautiful story and such fun characters and couples.
Crimson Spell - AYANO YAMANE IS A GODDESS!!!!! Her art blew me away and her stories are friggin' amazing!
You're My Love Prize in Viewfinder - same as above xD
Ikoku Irokoi Romantan - same as above...above LOL
Hey, Class President! - such a funny story.
The Tyrant Falls in Love - fucking hilarious and cute story! The seme is in love with his friend, who absolutely HATES homosexuals even though his brother is gay and has a lover. Just...ahh, hilarity and cuteness in every chapter!
All of SAKIRA's work - this group's work is really explicit, but has such hilarious and cute short one-shots all in a few of their manga collections

Believe it or not, that is the shortened version xD Haha, yeah I know. I am obsessed, but it's what I love! I hope to hear what you guys love about yaoi and your favorite selections! YAOI FOREVER!!!!!!

ChibiBritt
MEK National PR
MEK National PR

Re: The Yaoi Circle - OMG! IT'S OFFICIAL!!

Postby ChibiBritt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:06 pm

I started Crimson Spell right before AFest. It's like...D&D for the yaoi fan. It's very lovely...but almost awesomely bad at the same time.

I think I have caught up with all the chapters...
I make weird sounds come out of my mouth for a living.

Miwako is cute love.

Public Relations for Mu Epsilon Kappa Society

KuriBear
Magical Poster

Postby KuriBear » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Surprisingly, even though I love yaoi, I actually don't read much yaoi manga (and the fact it's hard to find ones that I personally love, maybe like, but not love ) :d
I DO read a whole lot of yaoi doujins or one-shots though.
I know different places if you want to look for a doujin or other yaoi mangas oneline |D
And I have some saved on my laptop xD
(if only I got the ones saved on my desktop at home)
"When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane."
Hermann Hesse

navaa
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby navaa » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Haha D&D for the yaoi fan! I can't believe I didn't even think of that xD Sweet! Yeah, I mainly got into yaoi because of doujinshi and one shots. The first yaoi art I saw was of Goku and Vegeta from DBZ and Hiei and Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho. My mind instantly went to: *droooooooooooooool* (at the tender age of 14 xD) From there it basically exploded into the yaoi fan that I am ^^

rixybaby65
Posting Mecha

Postby rixybaby65 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:25 pm

From your list I have seen... FAKE, Junjou Romantica, Sekai-Ichi Hatsuoki, Hey, Class President!, and The Tyrant Falls in Love... And the ones I've read the manga and not just seen the anime is FAKE and The Tyrant Falls in Love. XD I'm such a lazy yaoi fan. Too lazy to read the mangas though I know I should. XD And Gravitation. Read and seen the manga. Thought I would add that.

I've been watching No.6 lately. It just has so much cutesy hinting it's crazy. XD Love it...

Though, I got started through Kingdom Hearts fanart. Of Sora and Riku, of course. So I don't really watch as many animes or read as many mangas as I do look up couples from video games and manga that aren't yaoi. Like Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Black Butler, Persona series, Final Fantasy, and so on. Lately, I've been obsessing over comic books and my pairings for them. XD So... I've been trying to read more like, one-shot yaois. Like Seven Days. I don't know if it's technically a one-shot, but whatever, it was short. XD

... And yeah. XD
"I've been having these strange thoughts lately... Like, is any of this for real, or not?"

kurumilover
Industry Liaison
Industry Liaison

Postby kurumilover » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:59 pm

I have seen a wide-array of yaoi, and though I"m put off by most just for being terrible and not portraying homosexual relationships/sex correctly, ....ahh, who the fuck cares, it's anime/manga after all XD

A list of my favourites would be:

FAKE- First title I started and finished. I really liked how they weren't portrayed physically as obvious "seme" and "uke" archetypes, and even though the art is sometimes offputting, the budding relationship was worth it. The OVA was FANTASTIC and I remember being so upset the first time I watched it and Ryo finds the girls dead :c
Little Butterfly- I LOVE this series. My last ex used to joke that it was about us. Except he moved away and I didn't go with him lolol
Desire (Yabai Kimochi)- When a gay guy falls for his best friend who is then starting to question his own sexuality, hilarity and drama ensues. Oh, and rape :C
Yellow- It's like FAKE. Only sexier

Actually, that's all I can think of atm that I've actually liked. Gravitation was pretty terrible (Not the remixes, those are p cool) and I haven't really read/seen anything worth mentioning :s

OH MAN, has anyone played that yaoi visual novel "Enzai"? I'm a tad scarred already, and I still haven't beaten the first play through :s

navaa
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby navaa » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Awesomeness! Haha yeah, I didn't used to actually read the manga before (or any manga for that matter) even I really need to as well, but once I started to find more titles based on the OVA or animated series I got into reading manga: first with Yaoi and then finding other titles to read. I really want to start reading Ao no Exorcist and stuff ^^

Anyway! I know exactly how you feel about pairings xD Currently, if you haven't already noticed, I am OBSESSED with Tiger & Bunny!!! OMG FUCKING LOVE THAT SHOW!! And the art! THE WONDROUS AND BEAUTIFUL ART!! I am a total sucker for amazing art xD But anyway, I love the two main characters the most and yes, the fangirl in me (hmm gotta give her a name xD) is pairing those two SO FUCKING HAAAAAARD!! She is thanking Tumblr for having so many yummy and cute pics of them xD

OMG I need to finish watching No. 6! It looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing and I hope to see you later today in MEK during Circle Time! Lawl, that sounds so toddler-like xD We'll specifically call it Yaoi Circle Time! Yeah! xD

rixybaby65
Posting Mecha

Postby rixybaby65 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 pm

XD I kept seeing all the Tiger & Bunny fanart too on tumblr. But I was determined not to watch it, because I knew if I did, I would be shipping like, hardcore. XD I have enoguh pairings. So when they announced we were watching it at the first meeting, I was like: Crap! XD So now I gotta watch it. Same with Ao no Exorcist. I'll probably get myself to watch it one day. Or is forced to watch it. XD

XD I'll be at the meeting. Chilling in Yaoi Circle Time. XD Feels awesome to say.
"I've been having these strange thoughts lately... Like, is any of this for real, or not?"

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Postby ZepysGirl » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Why would you not want to watch something because you were worried about shipping? Shipping is part of the fun! ^_^ You can always have more ships!

I feel like I've read very few yaoi, comparatively. :lol: I kind of scorned the genre until... sometime last year? I noticed Hastings had a lot of really cheap stuff and I was like "This is the time, Morgan. Stop ignoring an entire segment of manga!" So yeah, I kind of gave myself a crash-course in yaoi. :lol: Some of it I liked, some of it I'll probably try to sell off. xD

I have a few favorite creators, though! I really like Yukine Honami's illustrations, and I love Lilly Hoshino's stuff, for the most part. Although she's really the worst example I've seen of "they look like chicks with dicks!" :lol: Ah, and recently I've fallen in love with Fumi Yoshinaga, so any of her stuff is great! :D I even forced my way through Not Love But Delicious Foods Make Me So Happy! just because I love her stuff so much. ^_^ I'm excited to read the second volume of Ichigenme.

Hm, and I'm not sure if she counts, but I've always loved You Higuri's stuff, too. Gakuen Heaven is a bit too over the top for me--- I much prefer Cantarella.

I probably won't be at many Yaoi Circle Times, though. My heart belongs to the Manga Circle, sorry! :oops:

navaa
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby navaa » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Dude, let me know the instant you are gonna sell some of your yaoi! I will buy however much off you if I can! :D

ZepysGirl
Ran Out of Internet

Postby ZepysGirl » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:22 pm

I will, I will. :lol: But keep in mind I'll only be selling the stuff I don't like!

rixybaby65
Posting Mecha

Postby rixybaby65 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:24 pm

XD I'm just a weirdo. I just have a feeling the more ships I have, the lower my grades in school will get. XD Or something.

navaa
Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Postby navaa » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:21 am

Haha I think we can all relate to that equation xD But ships: THEY ARE SO WONDERFUL IN LIFE!!!

KuriBear
Magical Poster

Postby KuriBear » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Don't be ashamed!
Shippings make the world go round!
* ignoring the fact that I have a giant list of shippings I LOVE and some people might find disturbing and have wasted many hours reading/looking them up*
"When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane."
Hermann Hesse

mindtailor
MEK National Secretary
MEK National Secretary

Postby mindtailor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Woo!

ignoring the fact that I have a giant list of shippings I LOVE and some people might find disturbing

Hah, yeah. I know what you mean.
IN SOVIET RUSSIA, PIKACHU CHOOSE YOU!

Return to “Yaoi Circle”